Friday, December 11, 2009

Great First Meeting!

It was great to see everyone on Wed.  Steve's talk about the Asturias Academy was very moving.  I'm really impressed at how much good can be done on such a small budget.  One of the figures that stands out in my mind is that the Asturias Academy runs on about $8000 per month and provides a first rate education to 300 students.

I've received emails from several people who attended the meeting and several who couldn't make it due to the weather or due to lack of power.  (garage door couldn't open w/o power)

I am going to put together a mailing list + a very simple newsletter.  If you would like to contribute to this website, the newsletter or if you would like to share your experiences in Guatemala please let me know.  A contribution could be as simple as a photo or two and a short description.  If you have a Flickr page with Guatemala photos lets share it! 

One suggestion I received is to have an informal MeetUp sometime in January or early Feb.  We might meet at a coffee shop or I could arrange for the conference room here at the NEW Center on N. Main street.  The MeetUp would be to find out a bit more about each other and what we want to do with A2 Friends of Guatemala. 

We are off to a good start.

Cheers

John Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment